The Concentration Couch, asset to the Ahrend Acoustics & Privacy portfolio, was designed by Basten Leijh. Thanks to its sound-absorbing material the Concentration Couch isolates its workspace but at the same time quetens the working environment as a whole.
In short the concentration corner is the perfect solution for flexible working environments. The unit is built op out of several elements, which can be linked and seperated from eachother. This results in more flexibility and offers a chance to create new settings like a solo desk, conference setting or concentration couch. The Concentration Couch is available in both plain- and patterned fabrics.
The Ahrend Concentration Couch is both creative and flexible. Its modular design makes for several different possible configurations. It comes in a variety of sizes and is available in an extensive range of colours and upholstery.
- Sound-absorbing for the surrounding area and isolated from within
- Opportunity to create new settings over and over again
Basten Leijh was born in 1975. After following the direction 'Man and Mobility' at the Design Academy Eindhoven his graduation project, a city bike with a detachable handlebar that function as a U-shaped lock, was adopted by world's largest bicycle manufacturer Giant in 2002.
After several years of experience as a product designer and interior designer, he started his own design studio in 2005, Bleijh Concept & Design. The studio has grown into a multidisciplinary design agency and is well known for its innovative products and concepts. Including office chairs, adjustable desks, bicycles, packaging, waste disposal products and even nautical concepts came from his studio. Basten Leijh’s work is conceptual, but has also a highly functional character and is exhibited worldwide. He believes in total design solutions where the context and environment are as important as the product itself: “the product in its full experience.”Basten Leijh stands for integration of design in an early stage of the strategy of a company. This is why he often sits at the table at an early stage in the development of future plans or new initiatives. His motto: “Authentic, functional products that give you a smile... products that makes the world happy”.
- Dimensions: height: 137 cm, panel thickness: 4,2 cm, tabletop height: 75 cm, tabletop width: 124 cm., tabletop depth: 50 / 60 cm
- Upholstered with fabric
- Legs are fitted with Gliders
- Foam made out of Polyethylene terephthalate(PET)
- Ahrend Concentration Couch is a 100% modular range where all components can be re-used in other Concentration Couch solutions
- Very easily mountable and demountable on location
- Acoustic function, both from within the Ahrend Concentration Couch and for the surrounding office area.
- 100% plug&play: Standard equipped with electrification, data and air management
- Large choice of colours and upholstery
- Highly customisable by use of diferrently sized panels & differently angled corners
- Obtainable in both small(118cm) and wide(155 cm) configurations
- Available in corner and sofa options